How can FORTA® work for Contractors?
Time and time again, FORTA makes concrete perform. and perform. and perform. and perform.
Macrosynthetic Fiber is Easy to Use
Are you tired of this…
FORTA-FERRO® is Easy to Use!
- Easy to Place
- Excellent Surface Finish
- Improves Safety
Save Time & Money - Improve Safety
Steel fibers typically require special conveyors or extra man-hours to add to a concrete mix. Steel mats or rebar are very labor intensive to place on chairs and supports and to tie properly. FORTA-FERRO macro synthetic fiber can be placed with a laser-guided screed and can eliminate the need for a concrete pump in these situations. FORTA-FERRO benefits projects by reducing labor hours and placement time, providing significant job savings.
In most situations, FORTA-FERRO can safely and reliably replace all non-structural steel in slab-on-grade concrete. The use of traditional wire mesh or steel rebar in slab-on-ground applications can come with a list of safety issues. Wire mesh can be difficult to lay down and raise a tripping hazard among concrete workers on job sites. Without using these traditional methods, FORTA-FERRO allows for significant safety improvements while also a decreasing labor and total project costs.
- Technical Support from Our Staff of Fiber Experts & Engineers
- Reinforcement Design Assistance and Reports
- Marketing Materials Provided
- Recognition & Listing on FORTA’s Website as a “Preferred Contractor”
- Reference and Recommendation by FORTA to project owners and designers
- Complete Training Program
Project of the Month!
Did your project contain our fiber? Enter your project information to get it added to the website. Every month, we will choose a project to be featured!
Which Fiber Should I Use?
- Reduce plastic shrinkage cracking
- Used in conjunction with steel
- Fine monofilament fiber
- Polypropylene or nylon
- 1.0 lb./cubic yard
- 1/2″ and 3/4″ lengths
- Reduce plastic shrinkage cracking and temperature-related cracking
- Some light steel replacement
- Fibrillated-net fiber
- 1.5 to 3.0 lbs./cubic yard
- 3/4″ and 1-1/2″ lengths
MACRO SYNTHETIC FIBERS
- Reduce plastic and hardened concrete shrinkage & temperature-related cracking
- Add toughness and increase post-crack behavior
- Higher level of steel replacement
- Heavy-duty macrofilament and fibrillated blend
- Polypropylene/co-polymer blend
- 1-1/2″ and 2-1/4″ lengths