How can FORTA® work for Architects?
FORTA helps concrete perform and puts time on your side.
Variety of Applications & Finishes
Project Highlight - Erie Art Museum
Added Project Value
- QUALITY FINISH
- REDUCED CRACKS
- MINIMIZED JOINTS
- EASY MIXING AND PLACING
Award Winning Fibers
1ST PLACE – ASCC 2016 AWARDS
In 2016, the American Society of Concrete Contractors awarded the “Stealth” project 1st Place in Concrete Artistry / Under 5000 SF. FORTA-FERRO®‘s use in the “Stealth” project was beneficial due to the angular slopes and overall complication of the design. FORTA-FERRO macro synthetic fiber was used to ensure that the integrity and strength of the concrete would not be compromised.
1ST PLACE – INNOVATIVE PROJECT OF THE YEAR
The Fiber Reinforced Concrete Association (FRCA) awarded the FORTA Corporation 1st Place in Synthetic Fiber Category for the 2016 Innovative Project of the Year Awards for FORTA-FERRO‘s use in the Murphy Tractor & Equipment Company pavement project in Zelienople, PA. The project’s concrete pavement has achieved continued success for its ability to withstand daily heavy equipment traffic while remaining extremely durable.
1ST PLACE – ASCC 2016 AWARDS
The General Contractors Association of Hawaii awarded the Kaumalapau Harbor Core-loc® precast breakwater system project on the Island of Lanai, Hawaii, the 2008 Build Hawaii Award Grand Award of Excellence. This Core-loc project, which utilized FORTA-FERRO in the mix design, is successful for its continued durability and strength while protecting the harbor from the Pacific ocean’s waves.
Earn AIA Credits
Earn AIA credits for Part 1 of our “Fiber Reinforced Concrete” Series
- Understand the four most important fiber characteristics and how they affect
performance in concrete.
- Use a 4-C’s fiber formula to objectively compare fiber types and brands.
- Understand the two basic performance levels of synthetic fibers: temperature/crack control reinforcement and structural property enhancing reinforcement.
- Determine appropriate real-world applications for both levels of synthetic fiber reinforcement.
FORTA Corporation, the first developer and producer of synthetic fiber reinforcement for concrete, is accepted by the American Institute of Architects as a registered provider of Continuing Education System credits. AIA members can obtain C.E.S. credits for the FORTA program “Fiber Reinforced Concrete.
Which Fiber Should I Use?
- Reduce plastic shrinkage cracking
- Used in conjunction with steel
- Fine monofilament fiber
- Polypropylene or nylon
- 1.0 lb./cubic yard
- 1/2″ and 3/4″ lengths
- Reduce plastic shrinkage cracking and temperature-related cracking
- Some light steel replacement
- Fibrillated-net fiber
- 1.5 to 3.0 lbs./cubic yard
- 3/4″ and 1-1/2″ lengths
MACRO SYNTHETIC FIBERS
- Reduce plastic and hardened concrete shrinkage & temperature-related cracking
- Add toughness and increase post-crack behavior
- Higher level of steel replacement
- Heavy-duty macrofilament and fibrillated blend
- Polypropylene/co-polymer blend
- 3.0 to 7.5 lbs./cubic yard or higer
- 1-1/2″ and 2-1/4″ lengths